Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Here's to You!-Cardz TV Gallery Post

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you are having a wonderful week. It is really nice having longer daylight now. Bret doesn't have long now before he will be done with his second year of college. He got an internship, but not with the company he worked for last year. They were to slow and another company snatched him up. A BIGGER company! One he really wanted to work for. He had a job fair at college and before the week was up, they called him to come down that Friday for an interview and they hired him! So he will be doing job estimations for them. He is all pumped about having his own office as well. Then he gets a funny look on his face and says that he will have to be very careful because he could cost them a lot of money. lol In July he will be put on their health care, which I am so happy about and if they signs on to come back next summer they will keep him on it. They also told him if he sticks with them, they will hire his straight out of college permanently. He chose the school he did because of their 100% hire rate. Looks like it paid off for him and I couldn't be happier for him. Ok, I know you are here to see a card, not my babbling!

 I have a two birthday cards that are exactly the same except where I placed my sentiment and embellishment. Let's face it, we all need birthday cards for our stash. My card today is one that I saw on Pinterest and your can find it here. This gal is the queen of CAS and I adore all of her cards.  Now I have two more birthday cards to add to my birthday book. Recipe is at the end of this post. Thanks for coming by and visiting me today and for listening to all my chattering. Your comments always make my day and put a smile on my face. Crafty hugs, Brenda




 Sorry this one is blurry. But you get the idea that I moved the sentiment to the top.

Recipe:
Cardz TV Stamp Sets-Good Times, Think Spring
Distress Inks-your colors of choice
Banner-My Creative Time Die or just hand cut one, I did "wave" mine to have a 3D effect
Star-My Creative Time Die

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous design for a "have-on-hand" set of cards. Really cute.
What great news for your son. I know you are so proud of him. What a blessing he is. Have a great rest of the week.

Kristie Goulet said...

Congratulations to Bret! That is great news.

Super fun cards! I adore all of Ardyth's cards too! She rocks!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Pass on my congratulations to Bret for me Brenda my dear friend! No wonder you are so proud of him! I'm glad the other company were too slow, because he now has a position with the company he really wanted t work for! It sounds like he has a very bright future ahead of him!! Back to your cards, they are really great CAS designs Brenda, and suitable for anyone, male or female, fabulous 'stash' cards! Have a wonderful day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Unknown said...

Love how you repeated the sentiment along the side.

Bonnie said...

Love these colors and the CAS style, Brenda! These will be great for guy or gal! Sounds like Bret is doing great! I know you are so proud of him!

I Card Everyone said...

H Brenda!!! Congrats to Bret! How exciting for him, and I hear your happiness .. much deserved! Ardyth does CAS like no other, but I think you've done a fabulous job of it, too!
=]

Lisa said...

Congratulations to Bret!! How exciting and what an amazing opportunity this is for him!! I wish him all the best!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! I love the designs!! They look so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

What a great pair of birthday cards to have on hand! I realized today that I need more get-well cards in my stash, so I'd better get crackin' as they say! I like how you used those colorful birthday lines and added a big star! Very clean and effective for a birthday card. Great news for your son - you must be so proud of his accomplishments, and what great news to be guaranteed a job when school is done! SO happy for both of you :)

Leslie Germain said...

Congrats to your son, Brenda!!! That is wonderful news!! What an opportunity. your cards are so cute!! Love the colors.

Sharon said...

That is totally awesome for Bret!!! I know you are so proud of him!!
Love your cards!! Great colors and I love the sentiments!!! :)

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful news for your son, Brenda. Just knowing he's got employment following graduation takes so much pressure off him for the rest of his college career. You must be one proud mama, and rightly so! These are sweet CAS cards, my friend. Love those colorful sentiments and then the sweet star on your banner! Delightful!! Hope all is going well with you. You're still in my prayers and heart. Bev

Veerle said...

Wonderful cards Brenda. And I am so happy for your son that his hard work at school pays off now. Congrats to him and to the proud mum ofcourse LOL.
Big hug, Veerle X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sounds like the Lord is blessing Bret indeed dear Brenda, how utterly wonderful for him and for you.

Wise lad to chose the college on employment rate, rather suspect employers know that it trains folk well and that's why they're hunted out like that. :)
Two great cards, love the way you've CASed the design.
Thanks so much for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Anita in France said...

Great news for your son, Brenda ... those prayers from everyone (and his commitment and hard work) sure paid off ... congratulations to him! Crisp, CAS and cool graphic cards ... what a fab colour combo ... and a great sense of movement in the banners! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Congratulations to your Bret, Brenda! How wonderful that his talents, commitment and hard work are being recognized already; he must be breathing a sigh of relief that he'll have employment the minute he graduates college. Talk about incentive! Applauding that company for grabbing him up while they can; I suspect he'll be a 'hot commodity' as time goes on. As for your 'babbling': we love sitting a spell and having a 'chat' with you, so just carry on visiting with us as you do! Your birthday cards are marvelous: crisp, clean colours and a star + banner combination that adds a fun, fresh touch! Fantastic!
hugs~c

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Brenda, how wonderful for Bret. That is just terrific news for him. It's a blessing to know you have a job when you graduate. I'm so happy to see you back in the craft room. It sure gives me an outlet and keeps my mind busy. Also spending time with your grandchildren is so good for both of you. Also such fun birthday cards and building up your stash.