Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hello Beautiful!

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you all are having a lovely Sunday afternoon. It is beautiful here, so sunny and actually pretty nice out. Hubby and I took a 4 wheeler ride around the farm land in the snow. Very wet snow, so it was flying all over me. lol Very wet under the snow from all the rain we got before the snow came. It is going to have a lot of drying to do before any crops will be able to go in the ground. And that depends on how much wetter it gets with the April showers. Keeping my fingers crossed that hubby will be able to get the crops in the ground in a decent time frame. We will see how March and April play out.

Well I got a little crafty today taking care of some DT projects. I also was kinda' challenged by Michele over at I Card Everyone to enter the Muse Challenge. Well more like she talked me into it. lol So the Muse over at Muse Challenge is Vickie Dutcher and we are to use her card for inspiration. Well, I'm not great with putting together pattern papers at all. But thought I would give it a go since Michele wanted me to play along. The inspiration I got from Vickie's card was not to use pattern paper but to use washi tape instead! I hope I'm not illegal and still will qualify to play along. I took some washi that came together in a box, so I figured they had to go together, right? I loved the colors a lot, so I began. I took a scrap piece of paper and started adding the washi tape. The flowery blue tape, I put on twice to make it wider on the panel at the bottom of the card. Then I just keep adding the washi. When I thought I had enough on the bottom, I started on the top. Then I cut it apart and popped each panel up on my card. I used a MCT stamp and die for my Hello Beautiful. I practiced stamping on the washi tape and did great, but when I did it on the card I rocked my stamp some, bummer-but I didn't think I warranted peeling off the tape and starting over, so I left it. I added some black sequins like Vickie did and it was finished. I am pretty happy overall with this card. I think it is beautiful and I don't often say that about anything I make. lol 
Vickie's Amazing Card:


As always thanks for popping by to visit me, I love it when you do! Your comments sure make my day as well. Crafty hugs, Brenda



16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You are too cute, Brenda! You may have confused Muse with another challenge where washi was required... so guess what? You totally did it!!! And in a very fun and darling way! Thanks so much for joining us... I'll expect to see you again soon?
=] Michele

jimlynn said...

That washi tape goes great together! Love the colors on both card and that design too! Fantastic cards Brenda!
Lynn

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Brenda, this is gorgeous!! I love the washi tapes you used!! They look so fabulous together!! Beautiful card!! Perfect take on the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so bright and cheerful Brenda my friend, it just makes me smile to look at it! Love that big, bold, popping sentiment too! Hope you had a good weekend. Hazel xx

Glenda said...

Lovely card Brenda! The colors and patterns are pretty together! Great job my friend!
Hugs!
Glenda

Vickie said...

Very pretty and bright card.

Carol L said...

I bet that 4-wheeler ride was fun :) It was a gorgeous day and a lot of snow melted, and we're in for temps in the 40s for the coming week - so YAY!!! I love the card with your washi tape! The colors with the big bold sentiment look perfect together, and I love those tiny sequin accents! Great card!

Sheila H said...

You did a great job with the Washi, Brenda. The colors and patterns are quite striking. So is the bold sentiment. Excellent CASE. Good luck with your crops :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Brenda. Love the patterns and colors of your tapes. They go so well together. (I never know what to do with the stuff) Love this card.

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic card you did well on the lift, the colors are so bright and palyful :) Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. Dave enjoyed being out all day too I think making Bird houses fro around the property maybe draw in some blue birds :) You have a fantastic week my PA twin :) hugs my friend :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Challenge accomplished! This is awesome and yes, you are to be inspired, so using washi works, and worked, awesome! Thanks so much for joining in at Muse! Vick....i

MaryH said...

WTGo with this challenge. I love Vicki's card, with the patterns & neutral tones. BUT I loved YOUR card with those bright patterns and pops of color. It's just the tonic I need to keep thinking about spring. This is going to definitely bring a lot of cheer to whomever receives it. Like the way you've got that bold black sentiment and the tiny sequins for embellies. CAS, but brilliantly so. I LOVE it! You did great! TFS & Big hugs. MM

Loll said...

LOVE your card Brenda!! :) Fresh and fun with the mix of colours and patterns of the washi tape. Great job! Loll xx

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your bright colors of Washi Tape! The big, black hello plays off these colors so well!

Karen Petitt said...

I hope you won't mind me doing this Brenda but I want to Pin this onto one of my Pinterest boards. It's such a clever idea and a great way to create some quick cards using those self multiplying snippets! Awesome card - thanks for the inspiration! Karen xx

Anita in France said...

Oh, this IS beautiful, Brenda ... bright and vibrant and so spring like! Isn't washi wonderful for QACAS cards!! Hugs, Anita :)