Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Huge Favor to Ask

Happy Sunday everyone! It is a beautiful day here today, although there is some snow in the forecast for this week.   I have a huge favor to ask of you all.  A friend of mine has a nephew who just found out that he has cancer.  He is only 12 years old, a huge journey he has ahead of him.  I wanted to make this journey a little easier for him by letting him know that we are all pulling and praying for him.  So.....(yep here comes the favor!) if you could send him a card with encouraging thoughts he would so love that and I would so love it too.  He is a crafty little boy so he would love home made cards and I know he would be so surprised to get lots of cards through the mail.  It would help keep his spirits up while going through chemo and with the holidays upon us, it would help his parents to see smiles on his face because we have sent cards to him.  So what do you say?  Are you with me??  Lets shower this little boy with encouraging cards!!!  Thank you so much all my crafty friends, you are all just so awesome!
 Big Hugs, Brenda


Chris Palumbo
5 Spring Street
Waverly, NY  14892

Thanks again everyone and if you could please pass this along.  The more cards we can get out to him the more joy that we will give him!!

14 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I am in but I know you never had any doubts. Keeping him and the family in my prayers.

Tammy said...

Brenda I added a link to your post on my blog today to hopefully reach more card makers. I hope its ok that Ive done this. I will be gettin a card for this young man put together and in the mail ASAP. HUGS

Brenda said...

Thanks so much Tammy and Suzanne! I knew you ladies would be on board!!!

girlia said...

I will definitely send him a card!

Shawnee said...

I am in as well.:) We are praying for him!

Anonymous said...

I'm in - a card will go to him sometime this week. My prayers are with him and the family.
Hugs, Flo

scrappin with a schnauzer said...

I'm in to will get one out to him ASAP will also add him and his family to my prayer list.

Hugs
Jen

Brenda said...

Thanks so much Flo and Jen, you ladies are the bomb!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Liz and I just read a post requesting cards for a 12 year old with cancer. I love making cards and I can't think of a better reason to make them. I am all in. I'll say aprrayer for him and his family. Liz

Unknown said...

I am going to send him one too, praying for him and his family.

Misty said...

I found this request during a blog hop. I lost my son, Tommy, to cancer when he was 3. I will not only make & send a card, I will post this on my blog & facebook.

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Brenda said...

Thank you so much Misty! I am sorry for the loss of your son, Tommy. Cancer is a very ugly thing and so sad that it hits our young ones. Take comfort in knowing that you will see your son once again one day. Big Hugs!!

Nancy M said...

I read this bc of Misty's posting. As a 4-time cancer survivor and a crafter, a card or a few, would be no problem at all. All the best to him and his family! God bless; hugs!!

Misty said...

Thank you Brenda. I posted on my blog & Facebook & have had several ladies join in from there. I also made a card and posted it on my blog! Will have it in the mail on Monday. BTW, Tommy is my avatar.

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net